- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Having clinched the 2012 BTCC Championship in his Honda Gordon has recently been doing some private review work of the UK made EBC Brakeson his Lotus Elise.
His full race report on the new EBC Blade High Carbon discs and the well proven top seller Yellowstuff brake compound Gordon’s review also include comments on the latest EBC Orangestuff compound.
The full report is contained in this Blog link…
When we asked Gordon if he wanted “Paying” for this test his response was
All I ask is that when I need more new pads and discs for my Elise test car that you send me some as I use them all the time at Knockhill!
Its just so refreshing to find someone who is a professional, can drive a car properly, understand show to bed brakes in and will give a professional opinion on something without being PAID an arm and a leg for it.
When we first came into contact with Gordon he was BUYING the EBC Yellowstuff from one of our UK online sellers POTN for his Lotus, he liked them that much and this says MILES for the product.
Gordon did NOT use EBC products in his BTCC car, those are supplied by an industry competitor who is a BTCC series sponsor and this Blog by EBC is in no way trying to imply that, nor would Gordon allow that.
Thank you Gordon and above all!
EBC Brakes Products that Gordon uses on his Lotus are as follows:
BSD (Blade Sports Discs) are made from a unique material known as “discalloy” for front and rear fitments. The blade slot design is specially crafted to remove hot gases in an efficient way to help keep brake pads cooler and flatter. The multiple slots overlap to reduce the brake wind sound.
Read more about Blade Sport Discs here!
New For 2012 – EBC Orangestuff
The EBC Brakes lab have come up with improvements and modifications after a few decent tweaks over the winter to take the Orange formulation to the next level. These improvements made include:
1) Longer wear life by 40-60%
2) Better initial Bite
3) Better fade resistance at disc temps where rotor was glowing red.
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use. Race drivers in particular love it because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. This is ideal for street ane track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.