- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Brakes distributors Mini Mania 2016 Nevada City Adventure
EBC Brakes official USA distributors Mini Mania are holding their Nevada City Adventure event again this year and it looks set to be even bigger and better than ever! The event is taking place at 870 Gold Flat Road, Nevada City, California on Saturday May 21st, 2016 – 8:00am to 4:00pm. Website event link: Nevada_City_Adventure_2016
EBC manufactures a range of high quality performance and replacement car brake pads for all models of Mini Cooper. The brake pads available include Ultimax2™, Greenstuff, Redstuff and Yellowstuff, all of which offer a higher quality friction material than OEM replacement parts. Visit the Mini Mania website to view the Mini Cooper EBC Brake Pad Application Guide.
Here is some more information about the Mini Mania 2016 Nevada City Adventure:
We’re Going All Out on This Year’s Nevada City Adventure
This year’s event is truly going to be a unique and exciting adventure. We’ve pulled out all the stops to make sure everyone who attends will truly be wowed!
Held Saturday, May 21st, at our Mini Mania headquarters located at 870 Gold Front Road, Nevada City, CA, 95959, we’ll have seminars, music, free lunch, raffles, prizes, product discounts and much more!
This year’s event is supporting our local charities so we’re asking attendees to please bring items for one (or more) of the following organizations:
- Canned food for the Food Bank of Nevada City
- Clothing and products for victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault: For more information visit DVSAC.
- Pet supplies for Sammie’s Friends our local dog adoption agency
- Donations for our local Wildlife Rescue agency
As for the activities of the day, our “Tech Talk Seminars” will cover a range of topics including:
- “Upgrades to Your Mini” by NM Engineering
- “Getting The Feel of Your Mini” from Gary Pitts
- “Maintenance & Service Issues” presented by Niello Mini Service Manager, Hans Dinse
- “The Joys of Turbocharging” by JM Turbo Cooper
- “How Cool are Intercoolers?” by Wagner Tuning
We’ll also be hosting numerous demonstrations including:
- FREE Dyno Runs! Participants need to sign up for the Dyno Raffle to secure a time slot. Link: minimDyno_Raffle_Form_for_Nevada_City_Adventure_2016
- Dyno Run / ECU Tuning for one lucky owner of a F56 MINI Cooper S
- $900 off Dyno Run/ECU Tunings for only $500! Sign up is required – click here!
- Turbo installation
- And of course, our “Road trip through the Majestic Gold Country” Tour.
Music will be provided by the incredible Bob Woods Trio (thanks to Cravenspeed) and a free lunch is supplied by Niello Mini.
And last but not least, we wish to note our Sponsors this year are:
- Driving Ambition
- JM Turbo Cooper
- Niello Mini, Sacramento
- NM Engineering
- Wagner Tuning
This is turning out to become one of our biggest, bestest, amazing events ever. So come for the day but hopefully stay for the weekend as it doesn’t get much more beautiful that Nevada City, California and the stupendous Gold Country!
Visit Mini Mania’s Nevada City Adventure social media sites for more news and information:
Information on EBC car brake pad products:
The radically improved Ultimax2™ is a fully ECO friendly material that has ZERO sulphides. The Ultimax2 formula does not require shims for noise reduction and has more bite from cold. These brake pads also work well in hot dry climates too! As with the original Ultimax these too are fully R90 approved.
Read more about the Ultimax brake pad here!
The latest version of Greenstuff Brake Pads is an intentionally softer brake compound designed to improve the pedal feel on lighter cars at low speeds. This results in a medium dust material with good lifetime and minimal rotor wear.
Read more about Greenstuff brake pads here!
Redstuff Ceramic Brake Pads are a harder compound which takes longer to fully bed in to achieve the highest levels of performance during which time the odd brake noise may be heard when starting from cold in damp conditions at walking speed. One press of the pedal will clear the rotor of any dampness and this leaves EBC Redstuff Ceramic as a pad that inspires confidence in all car users. The motto is be patient to give the pads a full chance to bed down properly.
Read more about Redstuff Ceramic brake pads here!
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: