- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Frenos exhibition at Motortec Fair 2015 a great success!
EBC Frenos Spain recently exhibited at Motortec 2015 which is held in Madrid every two years. The show is attended by more than 40,000 visitors and is a leading Trade Fair for the automotive Industry in Spain aimed at visitors from the Iberian Peninsula, Latin America and North Africa.
The large EBC Frenos exhibition stand was a great success drawing large crowds to view the EBC range of brake pads and brake discs as well as vehicles from the Atila Monster Energy Drift Team and one of the vehicles used in the Aygo Cup of Spain which use EBC Brakes Yellowstuff brake pads and GD sports discs.
The show was a great success overall having received overwhelming interest from race teams to leading Spanish automotive parts distributors.
Here is more EBC product information:
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. This is ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
EBC GD Series brake disc rotors are now available in a new “thermic black” and NITROTHERM™ finish and feature wide aperture slots that draw cool air under the brake pad and rotor interface which help cool the temperature of the brake pad contact that can easily and often shoot up to well over 1000 degrees during heavy braking and can cause brake fade or loss of brake effect so the cool effective use of the slots helps prevent this.
Read about other features of the GD brake disc rotor here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: