- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Podium finish for Bakchis using EBC drift car Bluestuff brake pads
EBC assisted Formula Drift racer Odi Bakchis has gained a podium finish just recently using EBC Bluestuff car brake pads. Odi gained his 1st carbon fibre trophy for the podium finish in which he secured 3rd position during round 4 of the New Jersey Formula Drift.
The weekend began with a strong start for Bakchis when he qualified in 5th place in his EBC Bluestuff brake pad equipped Nissan 240X. Paired with co-pilot Ryan Kado for the Top 32 race, with Matt Field for the Top 16 race, Bakchis went on to win the Great 8 tandem round competing against Daijiro Yoshihara, the former series champion. Bakchis then secured a third place finish in the Final 4 paired with Chris Forsberg.
Bakchis has only previously gained 2 fourth place finishes in the past (2011 & 2013), so this marked his first ever professional podium. Only three more events remain now in the 2014 season with Bakchis contending for the top of the Championship. He is currently in overall 5th place with series points.
The next round of Formula Drift takes place in Washington on July 18-19 at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe.
Types of EBC products ideal for racing are as follows:
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX forumla material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate.
Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
New EBC Orangestuff Brake pads now have a longer wear life by up to 40-60% and a much more effective initial bite. Another advantage of these unique brake pads is that they offer better fade resistance on rotors even when the disc temperature are high and the discs glow red.
Read more about Orangestuff brake pads!
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use. Race drivers in particular love it because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. This is ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: