- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Raymond Boyd won SMRC Classic Sports class with EBC Bluestuff brakes
Raymond Boyd has been in touch recently with an update on how he won the SMRC Scottish Classic Sports and Saloon series outright at Knockhill last year with EBC Bluestuff brakes installed in his 911 race car.
Raymond is using EBC Bluestuff brakes on his classic 911 race car as he finds the high friction NDX formula to provide the best balance for his specialist car.
Here is his race report:
Here is an update on the brake pads you supplied me last year for my 911 race car that runs in the SMRC Scottish Classic Sports and Saloon series at Knockhill.
We actually won the class outright and finished 3rd overall last year on EBC Yellowstuff brake pads and could have done better if we didn’t miss 2 rounds which was a little disappointing personally.
However after your kind sponsor pad package we have now tried Orangestuff brake pads & EBC Yellowstuff brake pads but we are really doing well with the Bluestuff as they seem to suit balance of car perfectly.
Not only do they give me great feel and out braking more “favoured” pads in motorsport they are actually a key part of my package which is leading the overall championship by 37 points and have a 100% win rate in class.
We have 2 more events, 4 races to go till end of season and we will be trying desperately to keep this momentum and hopefully realise my ambition to win this championship.
I have tried many different pads but the feel through the peddle in wet and dry races with reliability and longevity is excellent and I hope we can continue this relationship going forward.
I actually still have one set left to order and will do so this week as I want to ensure we have a new set of Blue’s for the next 2 races to help achieve my goal.
EBC Brakes have been a big contributor to our current position as tyres, brakes and suspension are the big three to success in my book and goes to show even an Old Bloke with some talent cane make a difference with correct package and components and having the ability to stop in many different occasions on track certainly inspires confidence.
Here are some more product details:
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX forumla material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use. Race drivers in particular love it because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. This is ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
New EBC Orangestuff Brake pads now have a longer wear life by up to 40-60% and a much more effective initial bite. Another advantage of these unique brake pads is that they offer better fade resistance on rotors even when the disc temperature are high and the discs glow red. Read more about Orangestuff brake pads!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: