- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Specialist car racers have success with EBC car brake pads and discs
EBC specialist car racers have been busy wowing the crowds and having much success at various events with EBC car brake pads and discs fitted. Here are a couple of EBC assisted drivers latest race news and video footage. Visit the EBC Facebook page to see lots more!
Team Redmist have been very busy over the last few weeks after they attended Silverstone for Japfest, the first big car show of 2016. There was a huge turnout on the day with over 20,000 attendees. Team Redmist spent the day entertaining crowds on track, meeting new fans and potential customers in the pit.
Here is some video footage of the event:
Main event film:
A week or so after Japfest, Team Redmist made the long journey up to sunny Scotland for the British Drift Championship, Round two at Driftland. The British Drift Championship event was a first for the team who thoroughly enjoyed it. They also had the opportunity to provide some entertainment in the form of a four car team drift spectacular during the big show on Sunday.
Check out our In-car split screen
and our BDC round 2 teaser
Visit the Team Redmist Facebook page for more news:
EBC assisted racer Peter Locke has had a season full of winning success using Yellowstuff brake pads and discs. He not only managed two class wins in the Doune Hillclimb round in the British Hillclimb Championship back in May, but also gained another class win in the June round of the Doune Hillclimb.
Peter claims to use his car daily on Yellowstuff brake pads and the following video footage shows him going into a hairpin bend on the second lap of the race at 87mph, working the brakes at their hardest.
Machars Sprint 15 May 2016 Class A2 winning run
Here is some more EBC car brake product information:
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series Brake Pads
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX formula material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
Redstuff Ceramic Brake Pads is a harder compound which takes longer to fully bed in to achieve the highest levels of performance during which time the odd brake noise may be heard when starting from cold in damp conditions at walking speed. One press of the pedal will clear the rotor of any dampness and this leaves EBC Redstuff Ceramic as a pad that inspires confidence in all car users. The motto is be patient to give the pads a full chance to bed down properly.
Read more about Redstuff Ceramic brake pads here!
The latest version of Greenstuff Brake Pads is an intentionally softer brake compound designed to improve the pedal feel on lighter cars at low speeds. This results in a medium dust material with good lifetime and minimal rotor wear.
Read more about Greenstuff brake pads here!
The radically improved Ultimax2™ is a fully ECO friendly material that has ZERO sulphides. The Ultimax2 formula does not require shims for noise reduction and has more bite from cold. These brake pads also work well in hot dry climates too! As with the original Ultimax these too are fully R90 approved.
Read more about the Ultimax brake pad here!
EBC Ultimax Slotted USR Brake Rotors are manufactured using premium disc blanks. These rotors benefit from quiet running which is all down to the narrower multi-slot design and the progressive angle at which the slots are machined. This has the benefit of removing dirt, gas, water and debris and having the advantage of parallel pad wear.
Read more about EBC Brakes Ultimax Slotted USR Brake Rotors here!
EBC GD Series brake disc rotors are now available in a “thermic black” and NITROTHERM™ finish and feature wide aperture slots that draw cool air under the brake pad and rotor interface which help cool the temperature of the brake pad contact that can easily and often shoot up to well over 1000 degrees during heavy braking and can cause brake fade or loss of brake effect – the cool effective use of the slots helps prevent this.
BSD (Blade Sports Discs) are made from a unique material known as “discalloy” for front and rear fitments. The blade slot design is specially crafted to remove hot gases in an efficient way to help keep brake pads cooler and flatter. The multiple slots overlap to reduce the brake wind sound.
Read more about Blade Sport Discs here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: