- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Strong drift racing results for Bakchis with EBC car brakes
EBC assisted drift racer Aurimas “Odi” Bakchis gained some strong drift racing results and is currently third in the Formula Drift Championships following recent races at Road Atlanta in Georgia. These great results have given Bakchis a generous lead to contend for the overall drift championship and has several rounds on the east coast yet to go, each of which are first-time venues.
Bakchis managed to qualify in fifth position setting standards high and gained 90 qualifying points during the Friday afternoon run. He then went on to compete against Cameron Moore in the Top 32 tandem round. Bakchis advanced into the Top 16 where he battled Forest Wang, then fought another close round with Chris Forsberg in the Top 8.
The type of EBC car brakes Bakchis has fitted in his drift racing Ark Performance Feal Hyundai Genesis car are Bluestuff NDX which he has been using for several years now with strong overall results.
Bakchis is next appearing at the Orlando Speedworld in Florida on June 3rd-4th 2016. For more information check out his website at the following link: www.OdiDrift.com
Visit Odi Bakchis’ social media sites for more news and technical information:
More EBC Brakes product information:
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX formula material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
EBC Orangestuff brake pads have a longer wear life by up to 40-60% and a very effective initial bite. Another advantage of these unique brake pads is that they offer better fade resistance on rotors even when the disc temperatures are high and the discs glow red.
Read more about Orangestuff brake pads here!
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series Brake Pads
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
Redstuff Ceramic Brake Pads is a harder compound which takes longer to fully bed in to achieve the highest levels of performance during which time the odd brake noise may be heard when starting from cold in damp conditions at walking speed. One press of the pedal will clear the rotor of any dampness and this leaves EBC Redstuff Ceramic as a pad that inspires confidence in all car users. The motto is be patient to give the pads a full chance to bed down properly.
Read more about Redstuff Ceramic brake pads here!
The latest version of Greenstuff Brake Pads is an intentionally softer brake compound designed to improve the pedal feel on lighter cars at low speeds. This results in a medium dust material with good lifetime and minimal rotor wear.
Read more about Greenstuff brake pads here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: