- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Team MK1 race Rally Islas Canarias on EBC Greenstuff car brakes
Team MK1 raced in the Rally Islas Canarias recently in their Ford Escort MK1 2.0 equipped with EBC Greenstuff. The car itself is 42 years old and considering its age, performed well.
Here is a brief race report of what happened at the Rally Islas Canarias “Corte Ingles” 2015:
We were very excited to be competing for the Canarias El Corte Ingles trophy in our Ford Escort MK1 2.0 car that will be 43 years old next October from its registration. We started the first stage at night, but although we had repaired and cared for the Ford Escort MK1, a cable from the oil warning light was broken so when contact was made with the plate during the first stage of the section, the warning light turned on and also sounded an alarm displaying the oil pressure as zero thus giving us wrong data. We decided to find out what had happened losing some time in the process, so we finished in last position.
Once we solved the problem we started the second stage knowing the fact that we could not gain a good position, so we raced the Rally in our particular way. But with the time we missed in the first stage the same result happened again in the second part.
The Rally was extremely hard as the number of competitors dropping out proved, but the organisation of the event was perfect.
The Ford MK1, apart from the problem with the oil warning light cable, was perfect and held on fine. Thanks to the help received from EBC Brakes for giving us a set of EBC Greenstuff for our Ford Escort Mk1. They provided us with extreme quality braking during the hilly stages as in Cazadores or Monte Gusano without any sign of fading.
We would also like to thank the audience who saw our problem and gave us lots of encouragement to go on.
By José A. Viera
Here are some product details about Greenstuff Brake Pads:
The latest version of Greenstuff Brake Pads is an intentionally softer brake compound designed to improve the pedal feel on lighter cars at low speeds. This results in a medium dust material with good lifetime and minimal rotor wear.
Read more about Greenstuff brake pads here!
Other EBC car brake pad and disc racing products include:
Redstuff Ceramic Brake Pads is a harder compound which takes longer to fully bed in to achieve the highest levels of performance during which time the odd brake noise may be heard when starting from cold in damp conditions at walking speed. One press of the pedal will clear the rotor of any dampness and this leaves EBC Redstuff Ceramic as a pad that inspires confidence in all car users. The motto is be patient to give the pads a full chance to bed down properly.
Read more about Redstuff Ceramic brake pads here!
EBC Bluestuff Brake Pads are perfect for racing all sorts of cars and automotive sports in general as they are extremely high in friction and made from NDX formula material that is specifically designed for aggressive driving conditions such as those found on hard surfaced race tracks. When twinned with specific quality aftermarket calipers Bluestuff brake pad NDX formula has the most efficient success rate. Read more about Bluestuff Brake Pads here!
Yellowstuff – 4000 “R” Series – Full Race Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use, race drivers in particular love them because they are made from an aramid fibre compound. These pads are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
New EBC Orangestuff Brake pads now have a longer wear life by up to 40-60% and a much more effective initial bite. Another advantage of these unique brake pads is that they offer better fade resistance on rotors even when the disc temperatures are high and the discs glow red. Read more about Orangestuff brake pads!
Read more about Orangestuff brake pads here!
EBC Ultimax Slotted Brake Rotors are manufactured using premium disc blanks. These rotors benefit from quiet running which is all down to the narrower multi-slot design and the progressive angle at which the slots are machined. This has the benefit of removing dirt, gas, water and debris and having the advantage of parallel pad wear.
Read more about EBC Brakes Utlimax Slotted Brake Rotors here!
EBC GD Series brake disc rotors are now available in a “thermic black” and NITROTHERM™ finish and feature wide aperture slots that draw cool air under the brake pad and rotor interface which help cool the temperature of the brake pad contact that can easily and often shoot up to well over 1000 degrees during heavy braking and can cause brake fade or loss of brake effect so the cool effective use of the slots helps prevent this.
Read about other features of the GD brake disc rotor here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: