- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Truckin Throwdown event success thanks to EBC truck brakes
The 2014 Truckin Throwdown event was a success this year with help from EBC truck brakes. The world famous event saw a selection of loyal Truckin magazine readers take their trucks and spend the day on a variety of courses competing. The trucks are put through their paces over a Slalom course, followed by a Stop Box, then a quarter of a mile drag racing and finally an Autocross course. The event took place at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA.
Here is a video of the event:
EBC Brakes sent out a set of truck brake pads to each participant to help out in the Stop Box competition. Truck brakes such as Truck Yellowstuff Sport brake pads, Extra Duty light truck, jeep and SUV brake pads and Greenstuff – 7000 Series 4×4/SUV Supreme Brake Pads are manufactured by EBC and have the ability to provide super grip on heavy vehicles moving at speed bringing them to a quick stop.
The Stop Box or Speed Stop Challenge consists of 270 feet of driving at the fastest speed possible into a 30 foot square box when the timer is stopped just as the rear bumper is over the box edge. The event makes for entertaining viewing!
Here are some more truck brake product details:
Owing to its huge heat range, EBC Yellowstuff truck brakes benefits a large range of vehicles including the fastest street use type of higher horsepower sedans to Trackday. Race use on most street based cars and even as a brake upgrade on Trucks and SUV. Yellowstuff works especially well on Trucks for towing heavy loads and where wheel oversize upgrades have been fitted and are designed to stop the heaviest vehicle and fastest driver in a heartbeat!
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Truck Sport brake pads here!
The new EBC Extra Duty brake pads for light Truck, Jeep and SUV provide better stopping power, zero noise and longer life span. Using new ECO friendly technology during the manufacturing process, the EFI team have created unusually high friction brake pad material that is ideal for street use with strong brake effect when braking from cold. Read more here!
Greenstuff Brake Pads 7000 Series
Greenstuff Brake Pads 7000 Series are the ultimate SUV or 4×4 front end brake pads and stop much faster and have a high longevity with nearly zero brake fade. These brake pads include chamfers and slots, are fully shimmed and come coated with Brake-in for fast bed-in
Read more about Greenstuff brake pads here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: