Following the hugely successful launch of its RP-1™ track and race brake pad in 2018, the motorsport division of EBC Brakes – EBC Brakes Racing – is now pleased to add the all-new RP-X™ material to its array of high-performance automotive braking components.
RP-X™ joins the fleet to offer heavy and/or high-powered vehicles that are driven hard on track the ultimate braking performance. The pad possesses a high and stable friction level of 0.55μ between 0-850°C and beyond, whilst achieving 100% brake effect from cold. This makes it an excellent choice for sprint racing or hill climb events, where full brake performance is essential without any ‘warming up’ being required. It also means it’s the perfect choice for any track scenario where a high initial bite as well as a powerful brake response are desirable.
Although RP-X™ is NOT R90 homologated for use on public roads within EU member states, the fact this material possesses excellent cold performance means it can be used safely for driving to/from motorsport events where local laws permit. EBC Brakes Racing does emphasise, however, that this material has been developed for peak on-track performance, meaning higher levels of brake dust and noise should be expected when compared to more road-friendly pads.
– Made 100% in EBC Brakes’ UK pad factory in Bristol
– Unpainted stainless-steel backing plates (for reduced heat conduction)
– Backing plates feature Nucap® NRS® hook pad retention system
– Excellent pad life with moderate disc life
– NOT R90 approved for road use in European markets
– These pads are for use on cast iron discs only – it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the discs fitted to their vehicle are cast iron versions
– They will not work on any carbon ceramic options and may damage the carbon discs requiring an expensive replacement
– These pads are for track use only
– It is not possible to bed them in to their required spec on the road and it will affect future performance
RP-X™ pads are available now for many factory sports car calipers and most aftermarket race caliper fitments. Please contact your local EBC stockist for up-to-date listings.
Prices start at £109 (excluding VAT)
Available to buy now from www.ebcbrakesdirect.com and your local EBC stockist.
Formed in 2015 as a response to the ever-expanding track day and race car markets, EBC Brakes Racing is a sub-division of world-leader in the industry, EBC Brakes.
With modern vehicles becoming increasingly heavy, coupled with ever-higher power outputs, the demand placed on the braking system today is higher than ever. As such, EBC Brakes Racing was born: aiming to offer uncompromised braking products of the finest quality that offer unparalleled levels of performance.
Several million pounds has already been invested into the development of EBC Brakes Racing’s British-built range of products, which includes the likes of the ‘RP’ range of pads, Apollo Big Brake Kits and fully-floating two-piece rotors.
EBC Brakes Racing provides car enthusiasts around the world with quality, UK-made parts at competitive prices, whilst staying true to its mantra of developing braking products that offer unparalleled levels of performance.