- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Car and Driver Magazine rates EBC Yellowstuff
The USA largest consumer magazine reviewed a range of brake pads including Stock, Hawk and EBC Yellowstuff brake pads and the results were very interesting and gave the win to EBC Yellowstuff. Read here the full independent review with pictures of worn pads and drivers comments. This article gives EBC Brakes Yellowstuff brake pads the overall win.
Yellowstuff Brake Pad
EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are ultra high friction brake pads for race, trackday and street use. Not only do they benefit from zero brake fade but they are also capable of heavy repeated use without suffering the effect of “fade-off”. Another great factor is the very minimal rotor damage this brake pad compound produces. Race drivers in particular love it because they are made from aramid fibre giving them superb stopping power. They are ideal for street and track driving as they don’t require a warm up but get even stronger under hard driving.
Read more about EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads here!
EBC also manufacture a range of high performance brake rotors that are fully compatible with EBC Yellowstuff brake pads. Here are some EBC brake rotor product details:
EBC GD Series brake disc rotors are now in a new “thermic black” and NITROTHERM™ finish and feature wide aperture slots that draw cool air under the brake pad and rotor interface which help cool the temperature of the brake pad contact that can easily and often shoot up to well over 1000 degrees. During heavy braking and can cause brake fade or loss of brake effect so the cool effective use of the slots helps prevent this.
EBC Ultimax Slotted Brake Rotors are manufactured using premium disc blanks. These rotors benefit from quiet running which is all down to the narrower multi-slot design and the progressive angle at which the slots are machined. This has benefit of removing dirt, gas, water and debris and having the advantage of parallel pad wear.