- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Cormac Conroy continues in 2017 with EBC best racing brake pads
Cormac Conroy has had an outstanding racing season in 2016 and is hoping his success continues in 2017 with the help of EBC GPFAX best racing brake pads. During December he was at the CRMC Dinner Dance and Awards night held at the Daventry Court Hotel. The legendary Alex George was guest of honour & Cormac had a busy night collecting a total of five awards:
- Winner of the ‘Post Classic Superbike’ Race Of The Year
- Winner of the ‘Classic 1300cc’ Race Of The Year
- Second ‘Classic 1300cc’ Championship
- Second ‘National UK Classic 1300cc’ Championship
- Third ‘Formula 750’ Championship
In Europe, Cormac competed in the FIM Europe ‘European Classic Endurance Series’ with the French team ‘Classic Racer Nice’. They placed a credible 13th in the final Championship table. This was including a DNF in Spa and electrical problems at Aragon resulting in just one point being scored from two rounds. This was a blow to the team’s ambitions. The team are determined to improve on this in 2017.
In the FIM Europe Vintage Cup, Cormac had a win and a 2nd at Donington Park on board the Ryan BSA equipped with EBC GPFAX sintered racing brake pads, but could not race in rounds in Sweden, Croatia or France due to date clashes and finished the championships in 8th & 10th positions.
Next up is the ‘International Classic’ at Phillip Island, where Cormac will race with Team Ireland for the second year. Teams from Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA & Ireland will take to the track over the weekend of 27th-29th January.
Comac’s team management said:
Thanks again for your support in 2016 and I hope we can continue in 2017. Cormac will race for the 8th consecutive year with Brendan Ryan on the Ryan BSA & continue for a second year of Endurance Racing with ‘Team Classic Racer Nice’.
A full update of exact dates and races will follow in a few weeks.
Cormac Conroy’s Facebook page:
More EBC Racing brakes information:
The GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This formula is even higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide, these brake pads are a growing favourite choice of superbike racers.
Another benefit of the GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled, then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
EBC Extreme Pro brake pads, also known as EPFA brake pads, are the racers choice for superbike racing and are excellent for street use too! These brake pads are fantastic for motorcycle racing as the compound they are made from has extra friction stabilizing additives that totally improve the ‘heat cycling’ braking effect.
Read more about EPFA brake pads here!
EBC floating MC rotors or X & XC brake disc rotors as they are sometimes known, are ultra lightweight, best selling and best performance discs available for all modern racing sport bikes. The rotors benefit from the EBC Brakes unique and patented S-Drive button system that features square sided rivets captured in square drive pockets on the hub and rotor. These are in place to allow the outer rotor blade to expand and contract freely under the heat of braking without suffering rivet lock.
Read more about Floating MC Rotors here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: