- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Davy Morgan #71 set to race on EBC motorcycle racing brakes in 2017
One of Ireland’s top riders, Davy Morgan #71, will be set to race on EBC GPFAX motorcycle racing brakes again in the 2017 season. The talented rider from Darragh Cross, Northern Ireland who wears his famous pink helmet, has a number of championship wins under his belt including the North West 200 and the Ulster Grand Prix. Davy is about to embark on his 23rd year in racing onboard his Angry Bee ZX10 Superstock Kawasaki and Magic Bullet R6 Supersport Yamaha.
I want to start by thanking all my loyal sponsors, supporters and friends who made 2016 possible with their support, encouragement and sponsorship and hope they stay onboard for 2017. I am now one of the more experienced riders racing ‘between the hedges’, but I have lost none of my enthusiasm. I love racing motorbikes and I am already looking forward to racing on the roads in 2017. Even though we are a privateer team run on a very tight budget there will be no lack of effort, commitment and professionalism from myself or any member of the team in achieving success.
I have two excellent bikes at my disposal and the Angry Bee ZX10 Kawasaki and Magic Bullet R6 Yamaha will be as well prepared and competitive as any other privateer set-up. Getting bikes to actually race is just part of going road racing there is also the very real cost of running the team and bikes with transport costs, entry fees, race fuel, tyres, etc which all add up and with being a privateer team we are always looking for help in this respect. We are still short of our required budget for a full 2017 season so if there is an individual or business out there would like to get involved and partner the team with financial support and see their name or logo on our bikes please get in touch and we can talk to you and send you our 2017 Portfolio.
Read full race report here: https://www.facebook.com/davymorgan71/posts/1853030631643771
Visit Davy Morgan’s Facebook page for more news:
Here is some more EBC Brakes product information:
The GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This formula is even higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide, these brake pads are a growing favourite choice of superbike racers.
Another benefit of the GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled, then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
EBC Extreme Pro brake pads, also known as EPFA brake pads, are the racers choice for superbike racing and are excellent for street use too! These brake pads are fantastic for motorcycle racing as the compound they are made from has extra friction stabilizing additives that totally improve the ‘heat cycling’ braking effect.
Read more about EPFA brake pads here!
EBC floating MC rotors or X & XC brake disc rotors as they are sometimes known, are ultra lightweight, best selling and best performance discs available for all modern racing sport bikes. The rotors benefit from the EBC Brakes unique and patented S-Drive button system that features square sided rivets captured in square drive pockets on the hub and rotor. These are in place to allow the outer rotor blade to expand and contract freely under the heat of braking without suffering rivet lock.
Read more about Floating MC Rotors here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: