- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Sidecar Racing Team gain valuable points with EBC brake pads
Lewis and Patrick of the Sidecar Racing Team have been racing in the British Formula 2 Sidecar Championships recently and have gained valuable points. The Team, who have EBC organic motorcycle brake pads fitted to their Yamaha sidecar, attended their first race at Oulton Park in what is now their second season of racing, but first in Britain.
During the weekend of racing the Sidecar Racing Team which comprises of Lewis Blackstock and Patrick Rosnesy, managed to qualify 10th out of 27, then after race one finished in 6th place overall and 3rd in the class. Some of these points go towards the CUP class for new British teams. In the second race the team finished 11th overall and 5th in the class.
EBC manufacture a range of high performance motorcycle brake pads to suit all kinds of racing including organic pads which are an ECO friendly streetbike brake pad that is ideal for the Sidecar Team to use. The brake pads themselves create very low dust, disc abrasion and give top quality performance. Other motorcycle brakes suitable for racing include GPFAX sintered race only brake pads and EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads.
Here are more product details about other EBC motorcycle brake pads:
The new GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This new formula is even higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide these brake pads are a growing favourite choice by superbike racers.
Another benefit of the new GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled, then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
EBC Extreme Pro brake pads also known as EPFA brake pads are the racers choice for superbike racing and are excellent for street use too! These brake pads are fantastic for motorcycle racing as the compound they are made from has extra friction stabilizing additives that totally improve the ‘heat cycling’ braking effect.
Read more about EPFA brake pads here!
Made from sintered copper alloy, these brake pads benefit from the highest friction HH rating for maximum stopping power. EBC Double-H Superbike pads™ give perfect braking under all riding conditions, be it wet, dry, hot or cold. Unique stainless steel radiator plates are fitted when required to reduce heat transfer into the hydraulics of the motorbike. The double segment vented design is totally unique and keeps the pads cooler and prevents pad drag and overheat or fade.
Read more about EBC Brakes Double-H Superbike Pads™ here!
EBC Organic motorcycle brake pads are Europe’s first and only ECE R90 approved brake pad. Manufactured at EFI in Bristol, these brake pads perform as well as any sintered pads, as proved by R90 compliance. This ‘aramid’ series has now been renamed Non-Asbestos Organic or NAO and is created from Dupont aramid fibre in conjunction with other high tech modern fibres. If you want a value for money all round brake pad replacement then the NAO series is the perfect choice for all levels of motorcycle and is very popular with many riders who prefer the “feel” of organic pads.
Read more about EBC Organic Motorcycle Brakes here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: