- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Strong position for Team Sorrymate using EBC racing brakes
Team Sorrymate have sent on their recent updates for Round 6 and 7 in the National 600cc Endurance Championships in which they have gained a strong position using EBC racing brakes.
Here is their race report:
Round 6 – Team Sorrymate take 2nd at Snetterton 300.
Our Snetterton round saw us taking 2nd place behind main championship rivals, Team Edge. With Gary Johnson being out due to injuries sustained at this years TT, Team Edge drafted in this year, British Sport Evo Championship rider, Alex Olsen.
With this level of competition we knew it would be tough and the pressure for us to finish on the podium was immense if we were to stay in contention for the championship. Our team strategy was planned out and the consistent performance along with slick pit stops saw us bringing it home in second place. Another valuable podium. We were now sitting 16 points behind the lead.
Round 7 – “The Scottish Round” – Team Sorrymate.com take the win at Knockhill!
Knockhill saw Team Sorrymate.com take the top step of the podium with another valuable win ensuring the championship lead was still in our reach. Having never ridden Knockhill before the team had a steep learning curve ahead.
Friday practice turned out to be very damp so practice was a little risky and progress was slow. Thankfully race day was dry and we managed to put in a very good performance finishing not only first in class but second overall, 40 seconds behind the leading BMW 1000cc team.
This event was the week before Warren was due to leave for the Isle Of Man to ride in 3 Classes at this year Manx GP and finishing in such a strong position, incident free took a huge weight off his shoulders.
We are now just 11 points behind the leaders.
Thank you EBC for the great support and the fantastic brakes!
EBC have been manufacturing top racing brakes for years, the most recent of which are the GPFAX Sintered Road Race Brake Pads. EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads are great for roadracing and street use. Both these racing brake pads are compatible with Floating MC Rotors.
Here are some more product details below:
The new GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This new formula is even more higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide these brake pads are a growing favourite choice by superbike racers.
Another benefit of the new GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
EBC Extreme Pro brake pads also known as EPFA brake pads are the racers choice for superbike racing and also have excellent street use too! These brake pads are fantastic for motorcycle racing as the compound they are made from has extra friction stabilizing additives that totally improve the ‘heat cycling’ braking effect.
Read more about EPFA brake pads here!
EBC floating MC rotors or X & XC brake disc rotors as they are sometime known are ultra lightweight, best selling and best performance discs available for all modern racing sport bikes. The rotors feature the EBC Brakes unique and patented S-Drive button system that features square sided rivets captured in square drive pockets on the hub and rotor. These are in place allow the outer rotor blade to expand and contract freely under the heat of braking without suffering rivet lock.
Read more about Floating MC Rotors here!