- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Well deserved result for Joe Burns using EBC motorbike brakes
Joe Burns has had a well deserved result recently whilst racing at the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit. Using EBC motorbike brakes on his Kawasaki superbike, Joe gained a 5th place position in a tight battle which was a good result in what was a tough race. This now puts Joe in 8th overall position in the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship.
Joe and his team were looking forward to the event after gaining good results at the previous Donington and Assen races. The free practise round ended favourably in what were dry, sunny conditions with Joe finishing in 5th place just behind Danny Buchan.
The qualifying round that followed was quite good for Joe when he managed to gain his fastest ever time around the Silverstone circuit but Joe’s setup was not totally perfect resulting in a 7th place finish on the grid.
During Sunday’s racing Joe had a good start when he moved from 7th to 6th place in the first lap, then settled down to a few consistent laps before securing the final 5th position in a tight group of three.
About the race Joe said:
This was a tough race, the pace at the front of Superstock 1000 this year has been incredible, it seems like the top 6 riders are all making huge steps forward at every race meeting, it is great to be in amongst this group. The team is working hard to keep in the hunt, and once again I must thank all my sponsors. I am a little disappointed to have slipped to 8th in the Championship, but it is only by 2 points, roll on Brands Hatch.
With this result Joe now lies 8th in the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship with the next race taking place at Brands Hatch on 19th October.
Joe’s use of EBC motorbike brakes are one of the factors that are giving him with well deserved results on the racetrack. This is because of the super grippy nature of the GPFAX brake pads installed. Other super reliable brakes include EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads. Here are more product details:
The new GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This new formula is even more higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide these brake pads are a growing favourite choice by superbike racers.
Another benefit of the new GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
EBC Extreme Pro brake pads also known as EPFA brake pads are the racers choice for superbike racing and also have excellent street use too! These brake pads are fantastic for motorcycle racing as the compound they are made from has extra friction stabilizing additives that totally improve the ‘heat cycling’ braking effect.
Read more about EPFA brake pads here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: /where-to-buy-ebc-products/