- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
PTR HONDA is coming back to form just in time for World Superbikes at Donington Park in the UK – and EBC is running a competition for you to win two passes to join the World Supersport team and enjoy a money-can’t-buy garage tour of their pits.
PTR used EBC brake pads to win six out of 13 World Supersport races in 2012 and the excellent GPFA brake pads are part of the technical package used on the 2013 race bikes that scored a recent double top 10 at Monza.
PTR Honda’s Sheridan Morais said:
EBC brake pads are superb. They are powerful, allow good feel and modulation and never let you down, which is exactly what you need to go flat out every lap.
To be in with a chance of winning this pair of passes worth more than £200, simply go to EBC’s Facebook page and like it by clicking HERE! – EBC Brakes Facebook Page. The winner will be drawn from all likes on Monday, 20th May – making for a happy Monday indeed. The winner will be announced on EBC and PTR Honda’s Facebook pages.
The tickets are entrance passes only for Friday-Sunday, including paddock access. On Sunday 26th, race day, the winner will be given a personal tour of the PTR Honda pit garage and chance to meet the team riders. There is no cash alternative.
To find out more about EBC brake pads here! or go to the EBC FACEBOOK PAGE and like it now!
The PTR Honda team race using EBC GPFA sintered race only brake pads for optimum control during all their championship races. The high friction nature of these brake pads is all in the design of the material and the technology that goes into producing them, allowing them to ‘heat cycle’, warm up and cool down, giving them the super durability needed during aggressive racing.