- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Perfect control with EBC mountain bike brakes for Rui Teixeira
Portuguese downhill mountain bike racer Rui Teixeira is experiencing perfect control with EBC mountain bike brakes so far in his 2016 racing season. He gained excellent results in March during the Regional Minho DHI Championship set in Armil, Portugal, when he achieved a second place finish despite a collision with another cyclist.
While I was competing at “home” and the presence of many athletes and public, I felt even more pressure to perform well in this test.
Once you have finished 2nd in qualifying descent on final descent tried to risk a little more to lower my time, but I had the misfortune to catch an athlete with problems in a complicated area of the track, which made me quite break the rhythm and lost some time at that track section.
Taking this setback, I was pleased with my performance, but this time was not enough to be able to achieve victory.
Overall, it was a good weekend of competition on a track that never disappoints, and despite failing to achieve the main goal, a 2nd place is nonetheless a solid result to get the championship! Can not wait to tackle the next test.
Finally, I have a lot to thank EBC Brakes for and all my team and to all who support me!
Rui has been in training for the second race of the Regional Minho DHI Championship that will take place in the Monte do Facho, Barcelos, Portugal where the conditions were recently very good. (See Rui’s practise video below.)
Visit Rui Teixeira’s social media sites for more mountian bike racing news:
More EBC MTB product information:
These Gold MTB Brake pads are made from tough sintered copper alloy that is specifically designed to last several times longer than other formula brake compounds such as organic.
The friction rating of EBC sintered gold grade MTB brake pads is much higher than anything else out there. This formula is also stronger than anything you can buy. This high quality brake pad is made in the USA and used as original equipment. These pads are great value for money and for the minimoto racer or everyday bike rider these are the wisest choice to make.
Read more about EBC Gold MTB Brake Pads here!
EBC Red MTB Brake Pads are very high in friction and are organic so can be used on all types of bike rotors. These pads are the perfect choice for downhill racing as the brake fluid lines are not as prone to swelling or softening if they become overheated anywhere near as much as if sintered pads are used. They provide minimal heat transfer and low rotor damage on bikes that have a hydraulic system.
Read more about EBC Red MTB Brake Pads here!
EBC Green MTB Brake Pads are an organic high quality product providing a great all round replacement for all types of bikes and all styles of riding, including cross country, trekking and pleasure riding. If in doubt, then Green MTB brake pads provide a good universal option for the rider. They are made with magnetic stainless steel backing plates as all the other available EBC MTB pads.
Read more about EBC Green MTB Brake Pads here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: