- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Thom Guibal to start racing season with EBC mountain bike brakes
EBC Brakes are delighted to have on-board 23 year old French mountain bike racer Thom Guibal, who will be soon starting off his racing season equipped with EBC mountain bike brakes. Thom had a fantastic season last year in 2016 when he raced in his first World Cup in Sainte Anne with Team France and is currently in training for this year’s downhill mountain bike racing season which runs from March to September.
Thom’s latest video shows the type of terrain that he typically races down and the need for high friction EBC mountain bike brakes:
Here is Thom’s bio:
My name is Thomas Guibal, I’m 23 years old, for 19 years I lived in Montpellier (south of France) and since 2013 I have lived in Barcelonnette in the southern French Alps.I started riding bikes seven years ago now, and since then I’ve never stopped and downhill biking is now part of me!
I passed a sport management bachelor degree in 2015 at the University of Montpellier, and I’m now studying a master’s degree in sports management at the University of Grenoble and during the winter season I work as a ski instructor.
2016 has been my best season so far, I travelled a lot and I discovered awesome places with my bike and I was lucky enough to realize my first dream on a bike: ride a world cup with the Team France ! It was in Mont Sainte Anne, Canada in August.
I’m now more in form than ever on my bike and I’m ready for 2017 with new goals, new projects and new sponsors!
I’d like to thank all the EBC Brakes team for a lot for trust in me for this new year!
Follow Thom’s progress during this mountain bike racing season on his Facebook page:
Read this comprehensive article on Mountain Bikers Tips for Beginners here!
More EBC mountain bike information:
These Gold MTB Brake pads are made from tough sintered copper alloy that is specifically designed to last several times longer than other formula brake compounds such as organic.
The friction rating of EBC sintered gold grade MTB brake pads is much higher than anything else out there. This formula is also stronger than anything you can buy. This high quality brake pad is made in the USA and used as original equipment. These pads are great value for money and for the minimoto racer or everyday bike rider these are the wisest choice to make.
Read more about EBC Gold MTB Brake Pads here!
EBC Red MTB Brake Pads are very high in friction and are organic so can be used on all types of bike rotors. These pads are the perfect choice for downhill racing as the brake fluid lines are not as prone to swelling or softening if they become overheated anywhere near as much as if sintered pads are used. They provide minimal heat transfer and low rotor damage on bikes that have a hydraulic system.
Read more about EBC Red MTB Brake Pads here!
EBC Green MTB Brake Pads are an organic high quality product providing a great all round replacement for all types of bikes and all styles of riding, including cross country, trekking and pleasure riding. If in doubt, then Green MTB brake pads provide a good universal option for the rider. They are made with magnetic stainless steel backing plates as all the other available EBC MTB pads.
Read more about EBC Green MTB Brake Pads here!
EBC Replacement MTB Discs are a contoured lightweight stainless steel hardened brake disc rotor available in the industry standard size of 160mm. They are the best replacement to have when your existing MTB disc becomes buckled or worn. Designed to fit directly onto 99% of all well-known standard six bolt hubs.
Read more about EBC Replacement MTB Discs here!
EBC Oversize Mountain Bike Brake Disc conversion kits are available in two upgrade sizes – 160/165mm – 180mm medium power upgrade and 160/165mm 203mm mega power upgrade. They also include the option of either a lightweight contoured profile or full circle profile. Mountable on most standard six bolt wheel hubs with bracket included. Made with premium quality heat treated stainless steel.
Read more about EBC Oversize Mountain Bike Brake Disc here!