- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
ATV Sintered Pads
ATV Sintered Pads
For the ultimate durability EBC presents it’s “R” series high density ATV Sintered series pads. A sintered copper material made in our own USA facility, the “R” Series of heavy duty ATV and moto-x pads have become an aftermarket standard offering high durability, high resistance to contamination by mud, water, sand and grit etc. offering reduced disc damage and long pad life. Sintered brakes are a very modern and interesting technology, click here to read more about EBC sintered brakes.
Many of us enjoy riding off road with trying to be Malcolm Smith and getting the brakes red hot. For that group the ATV Sintered R series pads are an ideal choice for Off Road Riding. R Series pads are a sintered copper alloy pad made in our USA sintered production plant to deliver a medium to high friction pad, at an attractive price point that lasts well in all conditions of wet, mud water or sand.
ATV Sintered R Series pads are equally well applied to two wheel and four wheel machines and as such are very well liked amongst ATV riders especially due to the conditions on some rides where the rear ATV rotor hangs down in the mud and chews through lower quality pads in a weekend. The EBC series pads are available for all modern ATV and Moto X bikes and are priced well below original parts.
R Series pads are also designed for minimum rotor abrasion and will not damage your bikes brake rotors. If you have a wear life problem with an ATV EBC does make an even longer lasting pad with its SV Series Severe Duty range, shown on this page. The SV Series Severe duty brake pad is a High density sintered copper alloy for longest possible life in utility applications on ATV, especially in wet, mud, dust and dirt conditions.
Sintered copper brakes are made by one of two processes, pressure sintering in a vacuum furnace or sintering through a belt furnace in a controlled atmosphere. The steel backing plates for the brake pads are copper coated and a preformed sintered copper “Puck” is located onto pips in the plate (either male or female) and the parts are passed through a furnace. At a pre-determined temperature the copper coating under the pad puck melts and fused the puck and plate together.
Sintering is a very exact process and the EBC expertise has made it a world leader in such technology and gained it numerous OE contracts. In the aftermarket EBC continues to offer sintered brakes for applications requiring longer life and higher heat performance and organic pads for sport and general purpose use. Both work well in their respective markets and have a place in the industry, elsewhere on this website we can explain the merits of each compound type and assist you in choosing what is right for your riding requirements.
WARNING – MATRIX BRAKE ROTORS/DISCS AND EBC PAD COMPATIBILITY – Click to ViewEBC Brakes do NOT recommend or endorse metal matrix, ceramic or composite discs and EBC brakes pads are NOT compatible with these and will cause DISC damage. If in the years to come this changes, this message will be modified.