- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
MTB Green Brake Pads
Mountain Bike Pad Fitments PDF available here!
MTB Green Brake Pads
MTB Green Brake Pads are a high quality organic formulation producing an excellent all round replacement pad for pleasure riding, cross country and trekking. If you’re not sure what to choose, specify Green compound. Good lifetime and stopping power. All EBC mountain bike pads are made using magnetic stainless steel backing plates. For systems using a magnet for pad retraction these are ideal but for all bike systems the benefit of a stainless steel backing plate is self evident.
For all systems which use a spring clip for pad retraction, EBC includes NEW improved strength retraction springs.
Many MTB brake rotors are NON hardened and have the words “Resin pad only” on them. It is critical that when you see this marking that you use a pad similar to EBC Green which is very low in its rotor abrasion features.
Remember the motto, if in doubt go for EBC green.
Disc pads for Mountain bikes have been around since 2002 and selecting the right compound for your needs is not only wise but essential for numerous reasons. EBC offer three grades of pad compound.
Another great way to improve your mountain bike brakes is to upgrade your mountain bike brakes with an oversize brake rotor kit.