- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
MTB Gold Brake Pads
Mountain Bike Pad Fitments PDF available here!
MTB Gold Brake Pads
It is commonly accepted that sintered copper alloy brake pads last several times longer than organic pads. These comments still ring true in the MTB Brake pad market.
Unless you are riding a bike where the discs are marked “Resin pad only” meaning the rotors are unhardened and likely to suffer bad scoring if using sintered pads, then the best value for money and long life is the Gold range of EBC sintered brake pads.
With a higher friction rating than anything out there EBC sintered gold grade MTB pads will last longer and brake stronger than anything you can buy. Made in the USA and a high quality pad, used as original equipment by the worlds greatest names in MTB brakes these pads are great value for money and for the everyday bike rider, these are the choice to make.
All pad sets include high strength return springs and magnetic stainless backing plates.
Disc pads for Mountain bikes have been around since 2002 and selecting the right compound for your needs is not only wise but essential for numerous reasons. EBC offer three grades of pad compound.
Another great way to improve your mountain bike brakes is to upgrade your mountain bike brakes with an oversize brake rotor kit.