- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
MTB Red Brake Pads
Mountain Bike Pad Fitments PDF available here!
MTB Red Brake Pads
These MTB Red Brake Pads are extra high in friction but still an organic pad for use on all types of rotors. In considering which pads to use for downhill work it is essential to understand your own brake system. Some hydraulic systems, such as those made by Magura use fluid lines made from nylon or plastic and can be prone to softening and swell if overheated. For this reason Magura and others are not too keen on using pads in their systems that generate too much heat such as sintered pads. If Downhill if your riding sport EBC MTB red grade brake pads will be a great choice, lifetime being quite short but great brakes, low rotor damage and minimal heat transfer into the bikes hydraulics is to be considered.
If you down intend to make Alpine downhill mountain bike riding or racing your daily buzz, sintered pads have significant benefits and lets face it, before every one of us that races downhill there are 5000 that want value for money ,long pad life and do not race downhill, lets read the next section about sintered brakes for MTB disc systems.
Disc pads for Mountain bikes have been around since 2002 and selecting the right compound for your needs is not only wise but essential for numerous reasons. EBC offer three grades of pad compound.
Another great way to improve your mountain bike brakes is to upgrade your mountain bike brakes with an oversize brake rotor kit.