- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Enduro Discs / Rotors
Enduro Discs / Rotors
EBC Brakes world leaders in the Motorcycle and ATV brake business are pleased to now offer a new style of brake disc or rotor for Enduro riding. Known as the EBC Brakes CE series the new rotors are UK made using high quality German mill rolled stainless steel, cast into ingots to EBC specification and precision rolled in Germany.
This unique steel gives a perfect combination of carbon and chrome making it a stainless unit but with heat treatable characteristics perfect for off road use. The chrome in the steel keeps off the rust, the carbon balance allows a perfect heat treatment that offers ductility with strength and avoids heat cracking common with many “Hard as Granite” brake rotors made with conventional steels.
No other brake company uses this grade of steel. It is specially cast and rolled for EBC.
Another new feature of the CE Series brake rotor is the lack of vent holes in the pad sweep area which drag mud and slurry between the pad and rotor and can accelerate rotor wear plus reduce brake effect. Used with the superb EBC X series carbon graphite pads which transmit 60% less heat into your brakes you have the perfect set up for Enduro or Hare scrambles riding.
Plus these rotors have still the lightest weight as they are contour profiled outside and in to shed those useless ounces common which poorly designed and some stock units. Great brakes, great performance and longer lifetime! That’s what the new EBC Brakes CE series Enduro brake rotors and X pads can do for your ride.
WARNING – MATRIX BRAKE ROTORS/DISCS AND EBC PAD COMPATIBILITY – Click to ViewEBC Brakes do NOT recommend or endorse metal matrix, ceramic or composite discs and EBC brakes pads are NOT compatible with these and will cause DISC damage. If in the years to come this changes, this message will be modified.