- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Organic Motorcycle Brakes
Organic Motorcycle Brakes
EBC Brakes™ Organic OE quality replacement motorcycle brake pads are manufactured in the UK using high technology ECO friendly brake pad compounds that deliver fingertip stopping power. With over 40 million sets sold worldwide, the E327 grade organic compound has been a high selling EBC product for over 15 years and is suitable for all road bikes and scooters.
These organic brake pads are now ECE R 90 brake safety test approved and fully TÜV tested. Motorrad Magzine based in Germany rated EBC Brakes™ Organic OE Quality Replacement Motorcycle Brake Pads as being a high quality organic brake pad and they are even now proven suitable as a sintered pad replacement.
All EBC Organic brake pads now incorporate backing plates which are patented with the Nucap NRS hook retention system. This guarantees zero chance of brake pad de-bonding with corrosion or extended use. These brake pads are not for track or race use.
NOW ECE R90 APPROVED
What does R90 mean? Cheap and nasty motorcycle brakes are the quickest way to an accident no matter where or how you ride. EBC Brakes welcomes the new legislation on ECE R90 brake safety testing that shuts the door on unworthy parts. Until recently all EBC Brakes were tested by the notorious German TUV test centres and carried the KBA (German Motor Vehicle Organisation) certification number. EBC Brakes is pleased to announce that after extensive multi-model testing at the MIRA (Motor Industries Research Association) test track located at Nuneaton, UK, that both EBC aramid organic pads and EBC Double-H sintered pads have been approved.
There are three types of brake pad used on modern Motorcycles and these fall into these groups, Organic, semi metallic or sintered. Quickly explained, semi metallic pads are blended with up to 30 or 50% cheap steel fibre, organic pads are made with man made fibres such as aramid or Twaron bonded together with a petrochemical resin and sintered metal pads are copper alloy fused together under heat and pressure.
EBC Brakes makes only Organic and Sintered Brake pads, we do not subscribe to the steel fibre technology as suitable for motorcycle brakes for numerous reasons. Elsewhere on this website we have explained sintered brake pads in detail (Click here to read that information again).
Organic pads have attracted many enthusiasts because of the way they work. They are inherently “Softer” easier on rotors and have a brake “feel” preferred by many riders. EBC make only two formulations of organic pads for motorcycles which are described as follows.
Having past the ECE R90 test on motorcycles designed for sintered pads there is no doubt that this materials can be used to replace sintered pads on most motorcycles with safety.