- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
World leaders in automotive brake pad manufacture EBC Brakes from its manufacturing base in the UK produces the largest range of disc brake pads and brake rotors in the world. We produce 100% of our own disc brake pads in our own factories in the UK.
Read moreUsing a unique Aramid fibre technology for disc pad manufacture employing high tech man made products such as aramid fibres and Twaron the EBC brake product is years ahead of its competitors, most of whom manufacture using cheap steel fibre bases.
The use of Aramid fibres allows a higher degree of flexibility in compound design enabling EBC Brakes to produce a quiet and long lasting range of compounds that can improve brakes, reduce rotor wear and thereby greatly reduce brake dust found on alloy wheels. With Aramid fibre technology only 4% of the pad is the fibre used for binding and production, in steel fibre technology up to 50% is cheap binding fibre.
All EBC Brake pads for highway use are tested to ECE R90 brake safety regulations and are therefore considered a legal equivalent to and replacement for any Original Parts. The exhaustive R 90 procedures guarantee not only pad quality and performance on a model-by-model vehicle basis but also oversee conformity of production at our plant .This means EBC parts are as good as, or in most cases BETTER than original parts.
On brake rotors the EBC product excels once again with its UK manufacture for a high percentage of its brake disc sales. Made in modern series production facilities in the UK the EBC Brake rotor is cast using “Moulded out” tool patterns to produce a balanced design rotor core that prevents brake distortion and brake vibration. Precision machined and inspected the EBC Brake rotors are tested rigorously before leaving our factory.
Many EBC sport rotors have recently been tested and awarded the much accredited TUV testing approval and the resulting German ABE number signifying the highest in quality for parts sold into Europe. If this product works at the Autobahn Speeds (which are unlimited) you can be confident that EBC Brake rotors will deliver on your car, truck or SUV in any country.
Through its team of R and D (Research and Development) Engineers EBC Brakes in its Bristol UK manufacturing facility continues to improve its product annually with the arrival of new raw materials and by rigorous testing on one of its five dynamometers bring you the best in modern and classic vehicle brakes.
When replacing brakes of any kind please remember how important brake safety is to your own well being and either have a professional mechanic install your new brakes or if you are a qualified mechanic use the EBC installation DVD as a guide in support of your vehicle owner’s manual. These installation guide DVD tasters can be viewed here and the full DVD purchased from online vendors.
Automotive Brake installation and Safety hints Click Here!
Always replace brake pads when replacing rotors, it is false economy to use worn or old pads on new rotors as these can cause hot spots and promote brake fade and more than double bed in time. This is both dangerous and bad economics. Always turn or replace rotors when changing pads. If your vehicle was suffering from brake vibration, just changing the pad won’t necessarily cure the problem, the brake rotor will also need changing or turning.