One giant leap for performance braking
Designed from the ground up to perform.
Every individual component found in a Balanced Big Brake Kit has been designed from the ground up to perform, right down to the very last bleed nipple. Every single brake caliper metal fitting and brake disc drive bobbin is manufactured from stainless steel to ensure parts are long lasting and do not corrode.
The brake disc bell and caliper brackets are machined from aerospace grade billet aluminium for high strength and durability. To finish off, every kit is supplied with EBC’s flagship fast street and track Yellowstuff™ brake pads.
Balanced is Better™
When it comes to performance braking, bigger is not better. Balanced is Better™
You would never fit upgraded pads in the front without also upgrading the rears. You would never fit braided brake lines on the front without also fitting them to the rear. So why have ‘big brake kits’ been sold as front or rear only kits for years? The EBC approach is simple, whenever upgrading the front, you must also upgrade the rear. That’s why every EBC front kit is additionally supplied with matching friction rear pads and braided stainless rear brake lines, at no extra cost to you.
Engineered, manufactured & assembled in the UK
Apollo Series brake calipers are cast in UK, machined in the UK, painted in the UK and then assembled in the UK. Reinforcing the EBC philosophy of providing quality British made braking products yet at affordable prices.
With so many callipers in this segment of the market being bought in from far East, surely this is the ultimate testament to EBC’s devotion to quality. EBC are, and will always be a true champion of Great British engineering.
Lightweight aluminium hard anodised pistons with staggered sizes to eliminate uneven pad wear.
Pistons have a serrated nose to reduce heat transfer into the hydraulics during heavy use.
100% stainless hardware including X-over pipe, hydraulic fittings, pad retention bolt and stainless wear plates. Apollo calipers never corrode.
1-bolt pad retention system for quick pad changes.
Available in 3 other striking colours
*Pictured above in Racing Red
Storm Shadow Blue
Storm Shadow Blue
Strength & Resistance
- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway. Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor cooling
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity.
- All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
- EBC floating rotors are now enhanced with a Thermic Black anti-corrosive paint, which reduces corrosion and extends the life of the product.