- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Starting from humble beginnings as an importer from a Holland supplier EBC Brakes has dominated the world market for motorcycle parts business with it’s quality brake parts now for over 30 years . EBC Brakes has grown to manufacture its entire product range including aramid organic brake pads, sintered brakes for motorcycles including the world famous Double-H sintered brake pads, and its world number one selling aramid organic formula DMX brake pads. EBC Brakes also make carbon graphite brake pads for motocross and enduro use and sintered brakes for ATV and motocross bikes.
Read moreIn 1984 EBC Brakes added manufacturing capacity for motorcycle brake shoes, including water grooved design brake shoes and clutches for motorcycles. In 1995 EBC Brakes launched its manufacturing plant for motorcycle brake rotors including fully floating front brake rotors for all motorcycles and its new contoured profile stainless steel brake rotors for ATV and motorcycles. The latest offerings from EBC Brakes for the motorcycle brake disc or brake rotor market includes the patented SD system square drive connector buttons which totally eliminate brake vibration and brake rotor distortion.
Motorcycling has been at the heart of the EBC Brakes business since 1978 after the business was started by current owner Andy Freeman himself a biker and enthusiast with many years experience and many bikes owned and ridden that give the EBC Brakes family its heart and soul. EBC Brakes is truly a “Family” business driven by a passion for what we do .
Understanding Motorcycle Brakes or the racing brake market is also an art, it is different entirely in its demands to the automotive market where price is all important, volume is key and the customer is very rarely an enthusiast. The very word Motorcycle is synonymous with the word enthusiast as very few people these days ride Motorcycles because they have to.
Understanding Motorcycles is a passion that EBC Brakes is proud to have, the understanding between Motorcycle riders is unique and the EBC approach to producing brakes for Motorcycles is no less of a passion.
Being smaller in physical dimensions it is possible to produce Motorcycle brake pads using more expensive and exotic materials that price themselves out of the automotive market giving our researchers more room for artistic license. The objective is to deliver the best without compromise on quality to our fellow motorcyclists.
Being an inherently instable vehicle Motorcyclists have an awareness for safety and a desire for quality that has kept the cheap and cheerful brigade away from Motorcycle brakes for the 35 years the Motorcycle disc brake has existed . EBC hopes it will stay that way. A few of the likely boys still pop up from time to time still selling Asian made asbestos inclusive pads that include things they call cellulose fibre (grass), lead, antimony and other nasty stuff and by packaging them with image boosting words like “Race proven” or “ Track Formula” they seek to delude the unsuspecting biker with a cheap price at a show or on e bay or the internet. Luckily bikers TALK and word soon gets around.
This is why EBC Brakes has so many REPEAT customers and loyalty rare in any industry and why we will continue to make what we see to be the BEST in Motorcycle Brakes. EBC also sells a range of accessory products including Galindo and Baja handle bar control grips and the range of brass motorcycle carburettor jets made by its sister company, ABAX Engineering.
- Product Review: Yellowstuff Pads Tested in Porsche Cayman on California’s Canyon Roads
- Kevin Moranz Continues Successful AMA Supercross Campaign at Salt Lake City
- Product Review: Civic Type R Owner Matty Bradley Praises EBC’s Yellowstuff Pads and BSD Discs
- Valvetronic Designs Tests EBC Brakes’ Bluestuff Pads on Track in BMW M2