High-performance road/track brake upgrades now available for this newly launched hot hatch
Automotive braking powerhouse, EBC Brakes, is proud to announce the launch of its acclaimed line of upgraded brake rotors and pads for the recently released Toyota GR Corolla.
A 356x28mm version of EBC Brakes Racing’s two-piece floating rotor can be bolted directly on to the front axle of this 300bhp hot hatch. These rotors are complemented with EBC’s Yellowstuff and Bluestuff brake pad options, as well as EBC Brakes Racing’s RP-1™ and RP-X™ track/motorsport brake pad offerings.
With the GR Corolla already being hailed as a true drivers’ car, this range of upgrades promises to unlock more performance and driver thrills for those seeking increased vehicle capability on either the road or the track.
EBC Brakes Racing Fully Floating Two-Piece Rotors
– EBC’s 356x28mm two-piece fully floating rotors are a simple bolt-on upgrade that seamlessly replace the original brake rotors without vehicle modification.
– EBC’s SG2F fully floating rotor allows the outer cast-iron friction ring to expand freely with temperature, totally eliminating warping.
– Rotors are grooved to allow the pad to vent without drilled holes, which can become epicentres for rotor cracking.
– Race-derived G3500-grade high-carbon cast iron is used for the friction rings. This high-quality metallurgy possesses greater crack resistance and an increased ability to conduct and then dissipate heat.
– Aluminium bells are machined from aerospace-grade aluminium and then hard anodised for longevity, whereas the stock brake rotors use uncoated cast aluminium bells.
– Cast iron friction rings feature 48 curved vanes and are handed for each side of the vehicle. This significantly improves the brake rotor’s ability to dissipate heat, increasing brake system endurance and prolonging the onset of brake fade.
– Bobbins are machined from stainless steel which cannot rust, ensuring the rotor continues to float freely throughout its entire life cycle on the vehicle, even on road cars.
– Spring clips ensure totally silent operation and eliminate off-brake rotor rattle.
– Friction rings can be replaced individually after they have become worn, allowing the
aluminium bell and stainless-steel bobbins to be re-used, leading to lower long-term operating costs.
– Now featuring the latest thermic black corrosion-resistant finish–the very latest in rust prevention.
EBC Brakes/EBC Brakes Racing High-Performance Brake Pad Range
– To complement the uprated floating rotors, EBC Brakes is pleased to also offer a range of four different brake pad compounds for this vehicle – all available for both the front and rear axles.
– The range spans from road-going Yellowstuff and Bluestuff compounds through to EBC Brakes Racing’s popular RP-1™ and RP-X™ track/motorsport formulas – please contact your local EBC stockist for more information about which setup is right for your driving style.
Part Number: SG2F024
Product Type: Two-piece fully floating brake rotor
(Please refer to your stockist for further information on your selected brake pad choice).