- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
How to choose best brake pads for motorcycles
EBC have just published the latest technical article on how to choose best brake pads for motorcycles. A handy guide that will help you decide which brake pads are the best and the types to suit your motorcycle.
EBC manufacture best brake pads for all types of motorcycles including general street motorcycle for highway use, off road motocross and ATV use or road race brake pads. Also included is some helpful advice for bedding in new brakes.
Here is the link to the article:
Here are some product details of the best brake pads for motorcycle EBC make mentioned within the article:
EBC Organic motorcycle brake pads are Europe’s first and only ECE R90 approved brake pad. Manufactured at EFI in Bristol, these brake pads perform as well as any sintered pads, as proved by R90 compliance. This ‘aramid’ series has now been renamed Non-Asbestos Organic or NAO and is created from aramid fibre in conjunction with other high tech modern fibres. If you want a value for money all round brake pad replacement then the NAO series are the perfect choice for all levels of motorcycle and are very popular with many riders who prefer the “feel” of organic pads.
Read more about EBC Organic Motorcycle Brakes here!
Manufactured from an asbestos free organic material, the Semi-sintered™ V-pad™ is designed for touring and heavy duty use on motorcycle applications. Because of it’s medium high friction levels these brake pads offer an effective braking performance no matter what the operating temperature is.
This material offers minimal pad and rotor wear, stable braking and very low dusting of wheels. Containing 30% copper, the V-pad™ combines the benefits and “feel” of an organic pad and also feature the low heat generation and rotor galling that organics have with a life span of that of a sintered pad.
Read more about EBC V-Pads™ Semi-sintered™ Touring Bike Pads here!
Made from sintered copper alloy, these brake pads benefit from the highest friction HH rating for maximum stopping power. EBC Double-H Superbike pads™ are perfect braking under all riding conditions, be it wet, dry, hot or cold. Unique stainless steel radiator plates are fitted when required to reduce heat transfer into the hydraulics of the motorbike. The double segment vented design is totally unique and keeps the pads cooler and prevents pad drag and overheat or fade.
Read more about EBC Brakes Double-H Superbike Pads™ here!
EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
EBC Extreme Pro brake pads also known as EPFA brake pads are the racers choice for superbike racing and also have excellent street use too! These brake pads are fantastic for motorcycle racing as the compound they are made from has extra friction stabilizing additives that totally improve the ‘heat cycling’ braking effect.
Read more about EPFA brake pads here!
The new GPFAX Formula Sintered Race pads are a direct replacement of the GPFA series. This new formula is even more higher in friction and created specifically to be used only on asphalt surfaces such as those found in race track conditions. Because of the super performance that they provide these brake pads are a growing favourite choice by superbike racers.
Another benefit of the new GPFAX sintered material is that it now has even better heat cycling ability allowing the brake pads to be raced, cooled then raced again.
Read more about GPFAX brake pads here!
Also known as Carbon Enduro formula pads these brakes have the unique benefit of having lower heat transfer and generation, although they don’t have the same life span as that of a sintered copper brake pad.
Read more about Carbon X or TT Brake Pads here!
ATV Sintered Brake Pads or ‘R’ Series are one such EBC product that are designed with a high density sintered copper material that offer very high durability and a high resistance to water, mud, sand and excellent at coping with all manner of off road racing conditions as those found in ATV racing.
Read more about ATV sintered race pads here!
To find out where to buy EBC Brakes products check this link: /where-to-buy-ebc-products/