Careers & Apprenticeships
Established in 1983, EBC Brakes is a privately owned company and a world leader in the manufacture of sport, high performance and race brake components for automotive, motorcycle and even mountain bikes with a large range of trademarked products. EBC Brakes is proud to be able to say that 100% of its brake pad range is produced in its own factories in the UK and USA with 100% of its motorcycle brake discs/rotors being produced in its UK facility. A huge proportion of its automotive brake discs are also produced in the UK and USA. We currently have the following exciting and interesting positions available.
Please apply for the vacancies below using the relevant application form
for your location remembering to attach CVs (UK) or Resumés (USA):
Or you can post CVs and applications (for UK positions only):
Freeman Automotive (UK) Ltd.
EBC Brakes World Headquarters
Upton Valley Way East
Supervise the warehouse picking team to ensure the provision of a professional dispatch service to customers, maintain stock system accuracy, encompassing safety, speed and accuracy.
- Be responsible for ensuring that team members maintain highest possible standards for the customer in relation to the appearance of the product and service (Quality Control);
- Ensure all the team prepare orders to be shipped to customers, quickly and accurately;
- Review and action Back Order reports accordingly, working closely with the Production and Purchasing departments to expedite fulfilment. Provide a weekly update to the Manager;
- Organising team member’s time, during quieter periods to perform shelf tidying and plastic picking duties, emptying bins, making up boxes, stock taking and replenishing packaging materials to ensure a clean and tidy work area that is prepped for orders;
- Receive and handle incoming stock availability enquiries/queries from colleagues via telephone;
- Conduct regular stock taking to ensure system stock is kept accurate, handling anomalies as they arise;
- Deputise for the Manager in periods of holiday and absence;
- Mentor and motivate team members to ensure individual and group productivity is maintained;
- Monitor performance and conduct of team members and feedback issues to the Manager, including suggestions/recommendations;
- Ensure that Health & Safety best practices, rules and regulations are adhered to by team members;
- Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Previous Warehouse Team Leader/Supervisor work experience in a picking/pack and warehousing/logistics team is essential (minimum 1 year);
- Excellent team leadership skills are essential, with the ability to lead, organise and motivate others;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential;
- Positive and professional approach to duties, colleagues and management;
- Ability to remember sets of rules and instructions pertaining to work in general and specific customers;
- Ability to maintain and recall knowledge on our product range (with time and training);
- Be able to use own initiative and demonstrate intelligent judgment;
- Experience in manual handling preferred but training will be given;
- Duties involve regular repetitive light, medium and heavy lifting
- Must hold and be able to provide evidence of Reach and Counterbalance Forklift licences.
- Hourly rate: £11.30
- Normal hours of work will be Monday-Thursday 8.00am-5.30pm and Friday 8.30-1.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch each day. Total 40.5 hours per week.
- Position Holders need to be flexible with working hours, as maybe required to work a little late on occasion due to UPS collections, up to 6pm and early starts for stock taking towards the year end.
- Uniform provided and we offer free on-site secure parking
- Reporting to the Manager
Date Added: September 2020
Date Filled: September 2020
We are currently looking for a Tool Room Engineer who will be responsible for service and repair tooling, supporting new project tooling from commissioning to production stages and improving and developing current and new project tooling.
Successful candidates will be able to work to engineering drawings, posses excellent knowledge of machining to exact tolerances, and attend to press breakdowns and identify causes to ensure minimal downtime.
Please click here for a full job description.
Date Added: October 2018
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
No vacancies at present
No vacancies at present
EBC Recruitment – Vacancies in Northampton UK Area
We are pleased to announce that we have completed the intake for apprentices for 2017 and are no longer accepting applications. We will review the apprenticeship scheme for 2019 in Spring of next year.
EBC Brakes are offering a unique opportunity to young people in the Northamptonshire area to enter the engineering industry or the finance sector via a new apprenticeship programme.
Our apprentices will have the opportunity to contribute to the future growth of a successful British company and learn a range of new skills.
We are looking to secure our future in the braking industry by ensuring our apprentices of today have the skills required to support the company in its long term growth plans.
EBC Brakes has continued to expand over the last 12 months and will require the resources to continue this growth and success into the future.
If you are interested in a career in engineering, all the information about our Intermediate and Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship programmes are here:
For anyone who wishes to join our Accounting Apprenticeship programme, all of the information you need is here:
As part of any recruitment process, EBC Brakes collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. EBC Brakes is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
What information does EBC Brakes collect?
EBC Brakes collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK
EBC Brakes collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in our online recruitment form, CVs sent via post or email, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews.
EBC Brakes will also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. The organisation will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record and on other IT systems (including email).
If you apply for a job vacancy via an external third-party website (for example Indeed), please note the following:
EBC BRAKES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE OR OTHER PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTY, THIRD PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, ANY THIRD PARTY MAKING AVAILABLE THE DEVICES OR OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR WHICH THE SITE IS AVAILABLE, AND ANY THIRD PARTY OPERATING ANY WEBSITE TO WHICH THE SITE CONTAINS A LINK. YOU MAY HAVE RIGHTS DIRECTLY ENFORCEABLE AGAINST THESE THIRD PARTIES, SO YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES TO LEARN MORE.
Why does EBC Brakes process personal data?
EBC Brakes needs to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. It also needs to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, EBC Brakes needs to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
EBC Brakes has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process, and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows EBC Brakes to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. EBC Brakes may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
EBC Brakes processes health information if it needs to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for candidates who have a disability. This is to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
Where EBC Brakes processes other special categories of data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health or religion or belief, this is for equal opportunities monitoring purposes as permitted by the Data Protection Act 2018.
If your application is unsuccessful, EBC Brakes will keep your personal data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited. EBC Brakes will ask for your consent before it keeps your data for this purpose and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who has access to your data?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the Personnel Department, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
EBC Brakes will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. The organisation will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you.
The organisation will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
How does EBC Brakes protect data?
EBC Brakes takes the security of your data seriously. It has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
For how long does the organisation keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, EBC Brakes will hold your data on file for up to three months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If you agree to allow the organisation to keep your personal data on file, EBC Brakes will hold your data on file for a further three months for consideration for future employment opportunities. At the end of that period or once you withdraw your consent; your data is deleted or destroyed.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require EBC Brakes to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require EBC Brakes to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where EBC Brakes is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask EBC Brakes to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override EBC Brakes’ legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the data protection officer via email to: email@example.com, or in writing to EBC Brakes, Upton Valley Way East, Pineham, Northampton, NN4 9EF. You can make a subject access request by completing a subject access request form.
If you believe that EBC Brakes has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to EBC Brakes during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, EBC Brakes may not be able to process your application properly or at all. If your application is successful, it will be a condition of any job offer that you provide evidence of your right to work in the UK and satisfactory references.
You are under no obligation to provide information for equal opportunities monitoring purposes and there are no consequences for your application if you choose not to provide such information.
Our recruitment processes are not based solely on automated decision-making.