- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
VLD Limited Edition Chrome Pads
VLD Limited Edition Chrome Pads
EBC Brakes™ Semi-Sintered Limited Edition Chrome Backed VLD Pads are the same as EBC Brakes™ semi-sintered V-Pads™ but have polished chrome backing plates instead of orange backing plates.
EBC Brakes™ semi-sintered VLD pads are a longer lasting USA made pad with a 30% copper content by weight in a high density matrix to give the best of both worlds –great brake feel and longer life with low heat transfer and less disc damage.
These semi-sintered VLD pads are a limited range available for some cruisers and big where extended life may be an advantage. Durability is almost identical to a full sintered pad with great brake performance over a wide range of operating temperatures.
These pads are TÜV approved and are manufactured using the NUCAP® of Canada NRS™ backing plate hook system. This NRS™ system uses small hooks pressed into the surface of the backing plate which bonds the friction material to the backing plate more securely than adhesive bonding. The NRS™ licence was granted to EBC Brakes™ to help improve the quality of brake pads by reducing the chance of pad separation when the vehicle is used in severe wet conditions.
- Heavy streetbike cruiser brake pad
- Chrome backing plates for great custom looks
- Can replace organic or sintered
- TÜV and ECE R 90 approved
- Longer life organic compound
V pads are a unique development by EBC Brakes of the worlds first so called “Semi–sintered” brake pad compound, combining all the long life benefits of sintered with the ‘feel’ of an organic pad. Targeting the cruiser and big twin market, these pads are fully tested and approved and are available for all popular Vee Twin bikes offering the great looks of the chrome backing plates on which these pads are built. “How can we bond onto Chrome effectively?” … Good question and the answer is: The EBC backplates feature velcro-like hooks built using the revolutionary NUCAP of Canada NRS system which generate hundreds of small hooks on the backplate surface before bonding and into which the brake compound is fused.
|STANDARD PAD NO||CHROME BACKED NO.|
WARNING – MATRIX BRAKE ROTORS/DISCS AND EBC PAD COMPATIBILITY – Click to ViewEBC Brakes do NOT recommend or endorse metal matrix, ceramic or composite discs and EBC brakes pads are NOT compatible with these and will cause DISC damage. If in the years to come this changes, this message will be modified.