- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Made in the UK, the BSD disc is available for both front and rear fitments. The Uniquely created blade slot design helps to remove hot gases from the braking zone in a quick and efficient way much more so than a uni-directional slot. This helps to keep the pads flatter and the brakes cooler. The function of the multiple overlap slots reduce the brake wind noise.
The initial launch range of blade discs covers 80% of the European vehicle market for sport brakes. Used in conjunction with EBC Greenstuff sport brakes pads or the top selling Redstuff Brake Pads or Highest performing Yellowstuff brake pads range these brake discs are designed to stop faster and run cooler with less thermal distortions plus great looks. The all conquering new EBC Bluestuff NDX brake pads will also work well with these discs, full details can be seen by clicking the links above.
CORRECTING ROTOR DISTORTION, ROTOR MISALIGNMENT AND CURE BRAKE VIBRATION
There are two main reasons for brake vibration. The first is steering geometry issues and the second is installation or hub run-out issues.
GEOMETRY ISSUES – One in seven cars suffers geometry problems during its life that can affect steering and cause brake vibration. These are NOT a product quality issue!!!!!!.These can happen by simply nudging a kerb or by driving over a pothole. EBC is not alone in recognising this problem but is the only brake supplier on the planet prepared to offer diagnosis and a SOLUTION.
INSTALLATION OR HUB RUN-OUT ISSUES – These cause what is known as DTV. The videos below show how to correct for brake vibration caused by DTV (Disc thickness variation). DTV develops in a car after 3000-4000 miles caused by runout built in to the car or due to incorrect alignment of the rotors at install. This is quite a common fault on modern cars and many cars require this at every rotor change. Drivers also confuse hub distortion with a rotor quality issue but in 99% of cases the DTV is a car problem, not a rotor quality problem. You can replace the rotors as many times as you like trying to solve vibration and the problem will only go away for a few thousand miles and then return. This means you have purchased new rotors in good faith but the problem IS NOT SOLVED AND WILL NOT GO AWAY PERMANENTLY until you perform this procedure. After this skimming of the rotor surface you will have smooth brakes , more effective brakes and ZERO vibration. It is even a very worthwhile practice when fitting new rotors to have all four rotors skimmed into perfect alignment on your car with this inexpensive procedure. Rotor distortion due to DTV is very common, in fact ONE IN SEVEN CARS has a steering geometry problem either when it is built NEW or after nudging a kerb or hitting a large pothole (very common after road surface damage after winter snowy periods). Uneducated people still say “My rotors are warped”. Well the engineering facts are ROTORS DO NOT WARP, they are made of cast iron, they are very tough and can be run to red heat and cooled time after time and they will not distort, we do this day in day out on our dynos in the EBC lab. Thats why the whole world still uses cast iron as a vehicle brake rotor material, there has never been anything to beat it and probably never will be. Pro Cut machines WORK ON BOTH PLAIN ROTORS AND EVEN BETTER ON SLOTTED AND DRILLED ROTORS OF ALL TYPES.
READ THIS TEXT ON PAGE 8 OF THIS LINK TO SHOW PROOF THAT PRO CUT APPROVE USE OF ITS MACHINES ON SLOTTED ROTORS
Who are Pro-Cut ????… Pro Cut are a USA based multi national and extremely professional Corporation. Their machines are used and approved by many major car manufacturers and used all over the world to do exactly what they do best, CORRECT for rotor mis-alignment no matter how it arises on a car. You cannot achieve this with any other device.