- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Redstuff Ceramic Brake Pads
Redstuff Ceramic Brake Pads
- Redstuff ceramic brake pads, passenger car/saloon car pad NOT made for Truck or SUV fitments.
- EBC lowest dust fast street pad with 15% brake improvement.
- Capable of repeated heavy brake use without brake “Fall-Off”.
- Very minimal disc/rotor damage characteristics.
- Superb material for Prestige imports/European and Asian cars.
- ECE R 90 type approved for most cars.
- Features red “brake in’ surface coating for instant safe braking after install.
As EBC’s flagship street brake pad material for prestige and faster cars, EBC Redstuff ceramic Brake pads sets new standards in brake performance. Redstuff ceramic brake pads have always been known for its low dust ability but the latest blend has greatly reduced the phenomenon of pad “Pick up” or disc scoring and reduced dust even further.
Tested at the UK Motor Industries Research Association (MIRA) in witnessed tests early Redstuff reduced car stopping distance in tests by almost 50 feet from 100 MPH offering a staggering 30% brake improvement.
Redstuff brake pads are however as a harder compound does take longer to fully bed in to achieve its highest levels of performance (can be up to 1000 miles/1600 Kms urban use) during which time the odd “Chirp” of brake noise may be heard when starting from cold in damp and cold conditions at walking pace speed. One press of the pedal to clear the rotor of any dampness and this disappears to leave EBC Redstuff a pad that inspires confidence in all cars. The motto is be patient give the pads a full chance to bed down.
Redstuff is only available for heavier and faster cars and does find its self at its best on slightly heavier cars. Selecting the right grade of EBC brake pad for you car is important and you can see the entire EBC selection and how to choose the right brakes for your car by switching to this linked page.
Brake dust has been rated by many OEM builders to be a more serious source of complaints than even brake squeal and as such EBC Brakes is proud to bring you with this new EBC Redstuff blend what is probably a world first in a pad that is almost dust free yet delivers performance braking.
Less dust also means less rotor wear and it is almost guaranteed that your rotors will last double as long as when used with the more abrasive steel fibre brake compounds used by almost all of our competition.
EBC Redstuff should be used at both front and rear for optimum balanced brake performance.
High Performance lowest dust rating pads for Prestige imports and faster street driving.
There are two reasons our customers love Redstuff, First because they are the lowest dust pad we have encountered by reducing dust by 60-90%. Plus the minimal dust you see is very easily removed with a simple sponge wash as it contains no steel fibre particles as in all other pads. Second they brake like an alligator right from cold (as good as Original pads or better) and just get better as they heat up.
This material is a aramid fibre based brake compound enhanced with ceramic particles. If you have previously tried EBC redstuff (pre-ceramic compound) this material is light years ahead. It lasts longer, it brakes better and is quieter.
Being a hard wearing pad, bed-in times can be as long as 1000 miles and drivers must be patient until the pad takes up the shape of their disc (brake rotor). This is a truly impressive fast road pad for repeated heavy braking.
It emits far less dust than semi-metallic pads and has been proven to stop a passenger car/sedan/sport compact/hot hatch 13 metres quicker than OEM pads from 100mph/160kph. Features EBC Brake-In surface coating which conditions rotor surface and accelerates pad bed-in. Nominal friction coefficient 0.5 with approx. 50% dust reduction.
Most EBC Red Ceramic pads are approved to ECE R90 brake safety regulation.