- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC Replacement MTB Discs
EBC Replacement MTB Discs
Alongside the popular oversized kits for improved brake effect EBC Brakes now offer the EBC Replacement MTB Discs, a high quality contoured lightweight hardened stainless steel brake rotor of industry standard size 160mm, (International Standard Fitting).
WHAT’S THE BIG QUALITY DIFFERENCE WITH OUR PRODUCT?
Many bikes from new have a MTB disc that is a low cost item to keep the bike price down and is often marked with the words “Resin Pad only” which means it is normal factory rolled material and is NOT hardened and tempered and can only be used with standard trekking organic pads.
Not only are these new EBC replacement MTB Disc products HARDENED AND TEMPERED they are precision ground to be flat and parallel meaning you wont get distortion, you wont get lever pulsing and wont get DRAG.
If you see a brake disc any lower in price than EBC this is what you are very likely to be getting, a low cost unhardened piece of steel that will warp, wear out fast and drag. Good for your leg muscles and your workout though. On the other hand trust a brand name like EBC and buy this quality product.
Please check your bolt pattern against the drawing below to verify this is correct for your wheel as certain speciality forks like Manitou may have a different bolt arrangements.
WHAT PADS TO USE WITH THIS DISC
EBC offer THREE pad choices for use with this and any disc:
Green TREKKING Formula for general urban and countryside riding
Red DOWNHILL Formula with higher friction and fade resistance
GOLD Ultra long life super grippy pads for longest life (not for downhill)
Most EBC pads are supplied with new UPRATED tension pull-back springs to refresh those tired old stock springs and help the pads “Free” from the disc/rotor when brake is real;eased reducing brake drag and enhancing free wheeling of your bike.
EBC pads and all disc can be ordered online at various sellers, see HERE for details.