- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Truck Yellowstuff Sport Brake Pads
Truck Yellowstuff Sport Brake Pads
- Truck Yellowstuff Sport brake pads are a high friction formula that improves brake effect 30%.
- Zero brake fade makes this material perfect for heavier loads such as towing.
- Capable of repeated heavy brake use without brake “Fall-Off”.
- Very minimal disc/rotor damage characteristics.
- Suitable for all light trucks, Jeep and SUV in highway use.
- Superb brake control and pedal response.
- Features red “brake in’ surface coating for instant safe braking after install.
Because of its huge heat range, the applications where EBC Yellowstuff will deliver benefits range from fastest street use on higher horsepower cars and race use on most street based cars and even as a brake upgrade on Trucks and SUV. Truck Yellowstuff Sport brake pads are especially appreciated on Trucks for towing and heavy loads and where wheel and tire oversize upgrades have been fitted.
Truck Yellowstuff Sport brake pads are not rated as low dust but create lower dust to OEM pads.
These pads are a full FMVSS grade higher in friction level than most stock pads and as such will feel stronger on the pedal after install and bedding. The pads are also a race developed friction material designed for heavy heat and brake abuse. As an ideal upgrade pad when fitting oversize tyres and wheels, the EBC yellowstuff brake pads have been tested to destruction by the likes of Randy Merritt of Mongo Racing in off road desert racing. For even longer life and load capability check out the new Extra Duty ED series brake pads and now available through Pep Boys and other quality retailers and online sellers.
USA Light Truck Drivers love it because…
Normally race pads require warm up….but not the EBC Yellowstuff. This compound works well from cold and is therefore a perfect solution if you simply want the best stopping power you can get for street use on a truck or SUV where the brakes are “Marginal” from the factory or you have enhanced your ride with oversize wheels tyres or raised suspension, all of which place much higher demands on the brakes.
Drivers with Trailers love it because…
Towing brings extra loads and that mushy feel of many stock or low friction aftermarket pads does not inspire confidence. EBC Yellowstuff gives you as much bite as you can get from a stock system and in most cases will give a noticeable brake improvement under loads of towing.
Ultra high friction brake pads for US built trucks and 4×4 vehicles.
If you want improved stopping power with just a pad change, this is the perfect pad choice. This refined version of the famous EBC Yellowstuff race formulation is now available in pad designs to fit popular American trucks/pick-ups and many Asian and European built 4x4s. This fast growing market for improved horsepower trucks and oversize wheel conversions has thrown up a black hole requiring a performance pad to fit these makes and models that will stop even the fastest driver in a heartbeat. Average friction coefficient 0.5 with similar dust to original pads and the dust is the same or perhaps slightly more than many original pads, this is not a low dust pad.
Stretched limos is another superb application for this material. EBC Brakes is now supplying this compound for stretched F250s, stretched Excursions, stretched Hummers which are subject to a PSV (public service vehicle) test. Vehicles which failed the PSV test with standard brakes passed the test quoting a 20% brake improvement when using this material.
Yellowstuff performance range is a high friction aramid fiber pad, totally resistant to brake rotor vibration, and easy on rotors.
Many part numbers now carry ECE R90 approval. Check with our technical department on firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if this material is street legal for your model when using for highway driving within Europe where regulation 90 applies. Outside Europe just fit and enjoy, these pads are the grippiest and most impressive pads that you will have ever used.