- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway
- Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor coolin
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity. All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
Ultimax2™ Brake Pads
Ultimax2™ Brake Pads
Our radically improved Ultimax ECO friendly brake pad. If you thought our Ultimax brake pad was good, this one is even BETTER!
This is what Ultimax2™ brake pads deliver:
- Superb daily driver R90 type approved pad.
- Features red “brake in’ surface coating for instant safe braking after install.
- New 100 % ECO friendly material with ZERO sulphides.
- No shims for noise reduction needed.
- More bite from cold.
- Works in hot and dry climates as well as in cold.
- Fully R 90 approved as was the original Ultimax grade.
The Ultimax2™ brake pad will replace the original Ultimax predecessor material on a stock rotation basis.
If you simply need a quality OEM replacement pad, look no further than the Ultimax2™ brake pad. Made in the UK Bristol EBC Brakes manufacturing plant the Ultimax2™ brake pad is a beautifully engineered brake compound that lasts well, produces minimal dust and is the perfect choice for the urban or daily driver. Why spend more if all you need is a quality replacement pad?
The Ultimax2™ brake pad is a total NON METALLIC pad containing ZERO steel fibre making this a cleaner pad far less aggressive to cast iron brake rotors.
Ultimax2™ has also been graded Code “N” by the USA brake ratings system meaning this receives the TOP award for its environmentally friendly status and has also achieved the much coveted GG friction rating, almost unheard of in the automotive brake Industry.
This equates to a clean pad, that lasts longer, extends disc life and emits ZERO toxicity and is a true PAD FOR THE FUTURE. The brake effect with the GG ratting is truly amazing and delivers powerful braking at first brake application. Ultimax2™ has also been widely tested in cold and damp conditions in Northern Europe and Scandinavia and in the Caribbean hot and humid temperatures where brake noise was ZERO.
- GG friction rated highest in brake effect
- Top Rated with Class N by the USA environmental testing to SAE J2975:2011
Black coded in the EBC range EBC Ultimax is a fully ECE R 90 approved brake pad range and at its lower price point, less than HALF the price of original parts yet TOTALLY EQUIVALENT by nature of its R 90 brake safety approval. Ultimax offers great value for money and first class driving safety.
A high friction pad designed for general replacement use on cars, vans and SUV’s (4x4s).
Using shimmed, chamfered and slotted technology and incorporating EBC’s unique BRAKE-IN coating for super quick pad bed-in, (in Europe only certain numbers are shimmed, in USA ALL Ultimax range are shimmed).
EBC black coded brake pads are a high friction premium quality friction material approved to ECE R90 brake safety regulations and as such are an exact equivalent to original equipment pads fitted to your vehicle from the factory – but for far less money.
Don’t let the lower price point cloud your view of this superb quality product, these pads will stop your vehicle as fast as any original equipment pad and faster than most aftermarket pads. One brilliant feature of EBC R90 pads is their ability to completely eliminate brake judder and these pads will actually COMPENSATE for mild brake judder after 300-400 miles of use. Nominal friction co-efficient 0.46 with minimal rotor damage and similar dust to original parts.
Reduced Rotor Wear
Disc wear is reduced by up to 50% with the EBC material compared to more abrasive semi metallics. It is common to replace the rotor with every pad change on some OE parts but with EBC it is quite common to see one rotor last TWO sets of pad lifetimes, offering significant savings. This does NOT mean that the EBC pads wear quickly either.